Filled with energizing carbs, peanuts, seeds, fruit, and oats, make for a satisfying midday pick-me-up. They can also be used as a pre- or post-workout snack, and the versatile recipe can be personalized to meet your individual needs; add in wheat germ, protein powder, coconut, chocolate chips, and dates; no matter what you add, it’s guaranteed to taste great!
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds, or other chopped nuts
- 2 cups raisins, or other chopped dried fruit
- 2 cups rolled or instant oats
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- ¼ cup toasted wheat germ, optional
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup, or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, oats, rice cereal, and wheat germ in a large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a large microwaveable bowl; microwave on high until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and stir until blended.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press down firmly. Let stand for about 1 hour to harden. Cut into bars.