Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese, Toasted Pecans and Cranberry Vinaigrette
This vibrant salad will lend color and bright flavor to any dinner table. You can make the vinaigrette up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container. Let it stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before assembling the salad.
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (2# only $7.00)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbs. canola oil
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. arugula
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves, toasted (2.5# bag only $18.00)
- 5 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Put the dried cranberries in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let steep for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil. Fold in the cranberries and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the arugula in a large serving bowl. Scatter the pecans and goat cheese over the top. Drizzle with the cranberry vinaigrette and serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.